Join us on this action-packed adventure of Scotland as we discover Scottish distilleries, castles, Lochs, and waterfalls. An experience packed with history and beauty.
The Celtic Experience
- Private Tour 1-6 people | Suitable from +5 years old
Explore Celtic History in Scotland!
Travel through Scotland’s Celtic landscapes and follow in the footsteps of kings on this beautiful one-day tour. The Kilmartin Glen is famous for its stone circles, prehistoric rock carvings, and ancient hill forts that were home to the earliest kings of Dal Riata.
- Luss by the banks of Loch Lomond
- Achnabreck rock carvings
- Dunadd hill fort
- Nether Largie standing stones and cairns
- Departs from your accommodation at 8 a.m.
- Returns at 7 p.m. approximately
- Bring waterproof clothing and walking shoes!
- Air conditioning as standard
- The stories and services of an English-speaking driver-guide
- Tour exclusions – Entry fees to visitor attractions
- Estimated cash needed for lunch and visitor attractions would be £30
- Leaving your hotel, we drive through Scotland’s beautiful Trossachs National Park, where the Lowlands meet the Highlands before we arrive at our first location, Luss. This picture-perfect little village sits on the banks of Loch Lomond and is the perfect way to introduce you to our beautiful country.
- We then journey towards Inveraray, where we stop for a refreshment break before driving into the Kilmartin Glen, which is home to over 800 prehistoric and historic sites.
- Our first prehistoric site of the day is the incredible Achnabreck rock carvings, which are believed to be over 5000 years old. This is one of the finest examples of prehistoric rock art in Scotland. Spread over several outcrops, the carvings are extensive and complex, with spirals and massive multiple ring marks, some reaching over 1 m across.
- We then take the short drive to Dunadd Hill Fort, which was home to a fort 2,000 years ago and a royal power center of Gaelic kings in the 500s to 800s AD. Enjoy the spectacular views from the rocky outcrop over the Moine Mhor and place your foot in the footsteps of the kings of Dal Riata.
- Kilmartin is our next destination, where we can be inspired by the ancient burial cairns, stone circles, and standing stones. The oldest monuments in the Glen are believed to be over 5000 years old and probably used for burial sites and other Neolithic practices.
- We then drive back to Inveraray to enjoy a traditional Scottish meal in the famous George Hotel by the banks of Loch Fyne before we drive you back to your accommodation.