This 2-day tour is an experience filled with history and beauty, ideal for those travelers who are short on time and want to see as much of Scotland as they can.
The Outlander Experience
- Private Tour 1-6 people | Suitable from +5 years old
Full-Day Outlander Tour of Scotland!
This tour is a must for every fan of the hit TV show Outlander and is a bucket list moment to get to visit the sets of your favorite show. Relive the books, walk in the footsteps of Jamie and Claire, and explore ancient castles and little villages that have not changed since the 16th century. We also meet the friendly locals and enjoy homemade Scottish cuisine at Mrs. Baird’s B&B in Falkland. What more could you ask for?
Tour Highlights :
- Culross – This charming little village was used for the fictional village Cranesmuir.
- Falkland – This location was used for the filming scenes at Inverness.
- Midhope Castle – The site for Lallybroch, our favourite Outlander location.
- Blackness Castle – Used for the garrison, Fort William.
- Drummond castle – These gardens were used as the Gardens of Versailles.
- Departs from your accommodation at 9 a.m.
- Returns at 6 p.m. approximately
- Bring waterproof clothing and walking shoes
- Transportation and air conditioning as standard
- The stories and services of an English-speaking driver-guide
- Tour exclusions – Entry fees to visitor attractions
- Estimated cash needed for lunch and visitor attractions would be £30
- We take the short drive to Blackness Castle that was used for Fort William. This is the location where our hero Jamie was brutally flogged by the sinister Jack Randall. Scale the castle walls of the ‘ship that never sailed’ and enjoy the sweeping views of the Firth of Forth.
- Midhope Castle is essential for every Outlander fan as it was the site for Jamie’s home, Lallybroch. Walk around the courtyard and remember some of the most iconic scenes from Outlander.
- We take the short drive up to Falkland, which was the site for the 1940s Inverness scenes in season 1. Walk through this charming village and you will instantly recognize Mrs. Baird’s guesthouse and Jamie’s fountain.
- After lunch we will visit the beautiful Drummond Castle, which was used for the gardens of Versailles in Outlander. Drummond Castle Gardens is one of Europe’s and Scotland’s most important and impressive formal gardens that date back to the 17th century.
- We will soon arrive at the beautiful village of Culross, which was the perfect setting for the fictional village of Cranesmuir in Outlander. Explore the cobbled stone streets, home to Geillis Duncan and her ill-fated husband, Arthur.
- We then drive you back to your accommodation.