This tour is a must for every fan of the hit TV show Outlander and is a bucket list-moment to get to visit the sets of your favourite show. Relive the books, walk in the footsteps of Jamie and Claire, and explore ancient castles and little villages that have not changed since the 16th century.
One Day Outlander Tour From Edinburgh
- Group Tour Maximum of 7 people
The Outlander experience (Edinburgh)
This tour is a must for every fan of the hit TV show Outlander and is a bucket list-moment to get to visit the sets of your favourite show. Relive the books, walk in the footsteps of Jamie and Claire, and explore ancient castles and little villages that have not been changed since the 16th century.
A massive fan of the hit TV show, your tour guide for the day has actually appeared in Season 3 & 4 of Outlander so has lots of inside knowledge. We look forward to sharing this experience with you and giving you a day you will never forget. Haste Ye Back!
- Doune castle, the site for Castle Leoch
- Blackness Castle, where the scenes for Fort William was filmed
- Culross, walk along the beautiful streets where Claire visited Geillis in Cranesmuir
- Midhope castle, the site for Lallybroch
- Linlithgow palace, the site for Wentworth prison
- We take the short drive to Blackness Castle that was used for Fort William. This is the location where our hero Jamie was brutally flogged by the sinister Black Jack Randall. Scale the castle walls of the ‘ship that never sailed’ and enjoy the sweeping views of the Firth of Forth.
- Midhope Castle is essential for every Outlander fan as it was the site for Jamie’s home, Lallybroch. Walk around the courtyard and remember some of the most iconic scenes from Outlander.
- We take the short drive up to Linlithgow Palace and walk around the halls where Wentworth prison was filmed. We will then enjoy lunch at a local restaurant in this historic little village.
- After lunch we will visit Doune Castle, which was used for Castle Leoch in Outlander. Doune Castle. This impressive 14th century building is heaped with history and is one of Scotland’s most famous film locations. Free audio guides are also available to tell you how the castle was used in Outlander narrated by Sam Heughan.
- We will soon arrive at the beautiful village of Culross, which was the perfect setting for the fictional village of Cranesmuir in Outlander. Explore the cobbled stone streets, home to Geillis Duncan and her ill-fated husband, Arthur.
- We then drive you back to your accommodation in Edinburgh.