Relive the books, walk in the footsteps of Jamie and Claire, and explore ancient castles and little villages that have not been changed since the 16th century.
The Loch Lomond And Stirling Castle Shore Experience
- Private Tour 1-8 people | Suitable from +5 years old
Discover Loch Lomond and Stirling Castle on a Full-Day Tour!
Drive through Scotland’s wild countryside and explore the shimmering lochs and glens throughout the Trossachs National Park before marching towards the famous Stirling Castle. Walk through the great hall and the Queen’s Palace, which is one of Scotland’s finest examples of Renaissance architecture and also the ancient home to a young Mary Queen of Scots on this Stirling Castle tour.
Loch Lomond Tour Highlights:
- Luss – A historic conservation village that sits on the banks of Loch Lomond
- Inveruglas – Enjoy the stunning views of Loch Lomond and the surrounding mountainside.
- Falls of Falloch – Marvel at the thunderous waterfall that flows into Loch Lomond.
- Kilmaho – Make friends with the local Highland cows.
- Stirling Castle – One of Scotland’s greatest stone castles near Loch Lomond
- Departs from your accommodation at 8 a.m.
- Returns at 4:30 p.m. approximately
- Bring waterproof clothing and walking shoes.
- Transportation and air conditioning as standard
- The stories and services of an English-speaking driver-guide
- Tour exclusions – Entry fees to visitor attractions
- Estimated cash needed for lunch and visitor attractions would be £30
Loch Lomond Tour Itinerary:
- We leave your port and drive towards the stunning Trossachs National Park, where we stop at the historic village called Luss. Gaze over the shimmering Loch Lomond, which is Scotland’s largest freshwater loch, and enjoy the views of our most southerly Munroe, Ben Lomond.
- From here we carry on our adventure through the Trossachs National Park and stop at the impressive viewpoint at Inveruglas. Enjoy the stunning views of Loch Lomond and the surrounding mountains that make this area such a romantic destination in Scotland.
- We then make the short trip up to the Falls of Falloch, which is locally called Rob Roy’s bathtub. Rob Roy is a legendary Scottish Outlaw who later became a folk hero. Legendary tales of Rob Roy using the falls as a hideout are very common in this area.
- We then travel towards Kilmahog so that we can get a few photos of some friendly Highland cows before making our way to Stirling Castle.
- Stirling Castle is one of Scotland’s most historic sites and was home to the Stewart kings and queens throughout the centuries. Highlights include the Great Hall, Chapel Royal, Castle Exhibition, Regimental Museum, Great Kitchens, Tapestry Studio, and the Queen’s Palace, which your guide will be happy to take you through. You can also enjoy lunch at the Unicorn Café, which offers a range of hot and cold drinks and food.
- When your tour ends, your driver will drive you back to your port.