Voted as National Geographic Magazine’s fourth best island in the world, it is little wonder that Skye is one of Scotland’s most popular tourist destinations.
The Outlander Shore Experience
- Private Tour 1-6 people | Suitable from +5 years old
Experience the Best of Outlander on this Tour!
This tour is a must for every fan of the hit TV show Outlander and is a bucket list moment to get to visit the sets of your favorite show. Relive the books, walk in the footsteps of Jamie and Claire, and explore ancient castles and little villages that have not been changed since the 16th century.
- Blackness Castle – The filming location for the Fort William scenes
- Culross – The site for Cranesmuir and the Black Kirk
- Midhope Castle – The site for Lallybroch
- Linlithgow palace – The site for Wentworth prison
- Departs from your accommodation at 8 a.m.
- Returns at 4:30 p.m. approximately
- Bring waterproof clothing and walking shoes.
- Transportation and air conditioning as standard
- The stories and services of an English-speaking driver-guide
- Tour exclusions – Entry fees to visitor attractions
- Estimated cash needed for lunch and visitor attractions would be £30
- A massive fan of the hit TV show, your tour guide for the day has actually appeared in seasons 3 and 4 of Outlander and has lots of inside knowledge. We look forward to sharing this experience with you and giving you a day you will never forget.
- Leaving your port, we soon arrive at our first film location in the Outlander series. Midhope Castle is essential for every Outlander fan as it was the filming site for Jamie’s home, Lallybroch. Walk around the courtyard and remember some of the most iconic scenes from Outlander.
- We then take the short drive to Blackness Castle, which was used for Fort William, where Jamie was flogged by the sinister Jack Randall. Climb the walls of the ‘ship that never sailed’ and enjoy the sweeping views over the Firth of Forth.
- We carry on our adventure to Linlithgow Palace, which was used for the scenes for Wentworth prison. Linlithgow Palace was a royal pleasure palace where Mary Queen of Scots was born. Walkthrough one of the most spectacular ruins in Scotland and follow in the footsteps of royalty. We then have lunch at the famous Four Marys restaurant in Linlithgow to sample a traditional Scottish meal and maybe a wee dram of whiskey.
- We then arrive at the beautiful village of Culross, which was the perfect setting for the fictional village of Cranesmuir in Outlander. Explore the cobbled stone streets that were home to Geillis Duncan and her ill-fated husband, Arthur.
- When your tour ends, your driver will drive you back to your port.
We can assist you with finding accommodation; please leave us a message.