Join us on this action-packed adventure of Scotland as we discover Scottish distilleries, castles, Lochs, and waterfalls. An experience packed with history and beauty.
- Private Tour 1-8 people | Suitable from +5 years old
Discover Inveraray and the Scottish Countryside!
Journey through the Scottish countryside and discover our rugged glens, brilliant mountain scenery, and historic Scottish castles. We visit the famous Inveraray castle, which is the seat of the Campbell clan, and then take a short walk over to the 19th-century jail where you can experience what real life was like for real men, women, and children who were tried and locked up.
- Loch Lomond – Enjoy a stop at the famous Loch Lomond for that perfect photo opportunity.
- Rest and Be Thankful – A former rest stop for road-laying soldiers and Highlanders that offers some amazing views
- Inveraray Castle – Visit Inveraray Castle, which is the seat of the Clan Campbell.
- Inveraray Jail – Meet the warden and chat with the 19th-century prisoners.
- Departs from your accommodation at 8 a.m.
- Returns at 4:30 p.m. approximately
- Bring waterproof clothing and walking shoes.
- Transportation air conditioning as standard
- The stories and services of an English-speaking driver-guide
- Tour exclusions – Entry fees to visitor attractions
- Estimated cash needed for lunch and visitor attractions would be £30
- Departing your port in Greenock, we travel north and soon arrive at the shores of Loch Lomond at the picturesque village of Luss. Gaze over the shimmering Loch Lomond, which is Scotland’s largest freshwater loch, and enjoy the views of our most southerly Munroe, Ben Lomond.
- We then journey through the Arrochar Alps and make a stop at Rest and Be Thankful. The mountain pass was given this name by the weary road workers who built the pass in 1753. Here we can stop and enjoy the stunning views of Glen Croe before setting off towards Inveraray.
- Inveraray is a picturesque fishing village built around the same time as the famous Inveraray castle in the 18th century. We make a visit to the castle, which is the seat of the Campbell clan. Walk through the romantic castle gardens before taking a tour through the castle itself and discovering the armoury and tapestry rooms. We then have lunch at the famous George Hotel before stepping into the 19th-century Inveraray Jail.
- Experience what life was like for the 19th-century prisoners and explore the atmospheric historic buildings at your leisure and meet the costumed characters who animate the past in this unique living museum.
- When your tour ends, your driver will then drive you back to your port.